TOMASZ TORRES was born in 14.05.1984. After twelve years of music education he graduated from primary & secondary Public Music School in Bytom. He got a Master Degree of music in Music Academy in Wroclaw, department of jazz. His musical adventure began in United States, where he was invited every year (1997- 2006) to tour with his trio TRIOLOGY ( w/ Michal Baranski and Matuesz Kolakowski. The trio was founded by american clarnet player Brad Teryy. He played over 300 concerts in almost all the states including shows at Knitting Factory (NYC); Jazz Bakery (LA); Andy's Jazz Club (Chicago), as well in smaller jazz clubs in San Diego, Boston, Denver, San Francisco. During his stay in US, he was able to meet & share the stage with well known musicians as Bill McHenry, William Gallison, Tony Malaby, Jeff Williams, Aaron Goldberg, Jamey Aabersold ( who invited them to do workshops for college students! ), Adam Makowicz, Buddy DeFranco, just to name a few.
In Poland he worked with Grzech Piotrowski, Jan Smoczynski, Pawel Tomaszewski, Krzysztof Urbanski, Mario El Indio Hernandez Morejon, Reinaldo Ceballo, Carlos del Pino, Jose Torres and many others.
He works with polish groups: Afromental, Krzysztof Urbanski Quartet, Jose Torres ( Salsa Tropical, ConSONantes, The Cuban Train ), Quinteto Cubano and Optimystic.
- TOP TEN on Gama Festival in Kolobrzeg 2004
- Final of Student Arts Festival in Krakow 2004
- I Award on 1st Competition for Young Bands in Olsztyn 2007
- took part in TopTrendy 2007 Final concert in Sopot
- Fryderki 2008 (polish type of Grammy) nominations for debut album "The Breakthru" in category "Best HipHop R'n'B Album of the year"
- Concert @ Polish Eurovision Final 2008
- Nomination for MTV European Music Awards 2008 i 2009 and 2010 "Best Polish Act", and Award in 2010 for the "Best Polish Act"
- Nomination for MTV European Music Awards 2010 "Best European Act"
- "Superones" awards in Opole for the "Band of the year"
- Concert at final of Sopot Festival 2009
- took part in polish TV Series "39,5" ( 2009 )
- Soundtrack for a polish dance mowie "Dance & Love" ( 2009 )
- Golden Album for second album "Playing with Pop" 2009
- "Band of the year" on Viva Comet 2010 festival ( 4 nominations: Band of the Year, Image of the Year, Video of the Year, Charts Award )
- London Pam Awards 2010 - 2 nominations: Band of the year, Urban / Roots Album of the year
- Fryderyki 2010 ( polish Grammy-like ) 2 nominations: Band of the year, Hip Hop RnB Album of the year.
- "Band of the year" at Eska Music Awards 2010 ( 3 nominations: Band of the year, Video of the year, Hit of the year )
- "Wow!" Music Award @ Orange Warsaw Festival 2010. Selected from 10 bands from all over the world.
With MID WEST QUARTET:
- 1st place at International Jazz Competition in Gdynia 2007
- 1st place at International comepition Jazz Juniors in Cracow 2007
- 1st place at Jazz nad Odra festival 2008
- 1st place on Interational Jazz Competition "Jazz Hoeilaart 2008" in Belgium, selected from 60 bands from over the world!
- concert and the biggest jazz festival in Poland - JAZZ JAMBOREE 2008, supporting for Arturo Sandoval
- 1 miejsce na miedzynarodowym konkursie Jazz Juniors w Krakowie w 2007r.
- Jose Torres y Salsa Tropical - "Torres Salsa Carnaval" ( 2010 )
- Krzysztof Urbanski Quartet ( 2010 )
- Optimystic - "Optimystic" ( 2010 )
- Afromental - "Playing with Pop" ( 2009 )
- Mid West Quartet - "Jazz Hoeilaart 2008" ( 2009 )
- Afromental - "The Breakthru" ( 2007 )
- Triology - "Presence" ( 2001 )